S2 Grade Accelerator Programme™
Nurturing Your Child To Be An Inquisitive Learner
Secondary 2 Regular Class
Become Proficient In Tackling Secondary 2 Mathematics Questions!
How Your Child Will Benefit
The S2 Mathematics Grade Accelerator Programme (S2 GAP™) is a weekly, 2-hour session where your child will discover proven learning strategies to apply the Mathematics concepts he/she has learnt at school on examination questions effectively and accurately.
During this 2-hour weekly class, we’ll work closely with your child to improve his/her thought processes and answering techniques to tackle Mathematics questions.
Appreciate Abstract Math Concepts Through Story-telling
We also weave analogies to help our students remember certain mathematical rules better, so that they’re able to apply them effectively and accurately.
How We Help Students Remember The Distributive Law In Algebra: a(b+c). = ab + ac
Step-By-Step Methods To Tackle Various Math Question Types
The S2 Math GAP™ curriculum was formulated based on our academic team’s analysis of hundreds of past year lower Secondary Mathematics examination papers.
In order to master the Secondary 2 Math syllabus fast, your child needs to know how a particular concept may be tested as well as the approach behind tackling mathematical problems.
We start by teaching your child how to think and what exactly to look out for in each question. Every concept taught is accompanied with worked examples and practice questions, so your child can master these concepts by doing instead of listening.
How We Pair Worked Examples With Practice Questions
Gain Confidence With Examination-Centric Learning Materials
Not only will our Secondary Math Specialist guide your child through the step-by-step process of tackling Secondary 2 Math questions, we’ll also provide your child with beautifully-illustrated notes and targeted practices that are all designed to help students learn Math easier, better and faster.
Your child’s confidence in Math is likely to become higher with greater exposure to past year examination questions and close guidance on a regular basis. Besides in-class exercises and homework, additional practices are also given to students if they feel they need them.
With that, you no longer have to fret over which assessment book to get because your child is well taken care of with us.
S2 Mathematics Grade Accelerator Programme™
- Level Eligibility: Secondary 2
(O-Level (Express)/ IP/ IB/ IGCSE)
- Session(s): Weekly
- Total Duration: 2 hours/ session
- Tuition Fee:
- S$100/session* (term billing)
- $60 one-time registration fee
About The Instructor
Ms. Munah is a Ministry of Education (MOE) trained teacher with a Master’s Degree in Mathematics Education from the National Institute of Education (NIE).
With 12 years of teaching experience and 5 years of educational publishing experience, Ms. Munah is highly proficient in primary and secondary Mathematics. She patiently guides her students to understanding Mathematics concepts using analogies and storytelling.
She believes that every student can excel in Mathematics by building a solid foundation. She accomplishes this by guiding the students to break down each problem into bitesized pieces that are easier to understand and getting the students to ask questions to clarify their doubts. Her strength lies in building rapport quickly with her students, injecting humour and integrating technology into her lessons.
Every Child Is Supported In Every Step of The Way
Examination-Centric Mathematics Notes
Highly Targeted In-Class Exercises
Homework for Self-Practice
Diagnostic Tests for Progress Tracking
Secondary 2 Mathematics GAP™ Curriculum
QUADRATIC EXPANSION & FACTORISATION
- Expanding Quadratic Expressions
- Factorising Quadratic Expressions
- Factorisation By Grouping
- Using Special Identities To Expand Quadratic Expressions
- Using Special Identities To Factorise Quadratic Expressions
QUADRATIC EQUATIONS & GRAPHS
- Solving Quadratic Equations
- Understanding Properties Of Quadratic Graphs
ALGEBRAIC FUNCTIONS & FORMULAE
- Adding & Subtracting Algebraic Fractions With Linear Denominators
- Adding & Subtracting Algebraic Fractions With Quadratic Denominators
- Changing The Subject Of A Formula
DIRECT & INVERSE PROPORTION
- Direct Proportion
- Inverse Proportion
- Joint Variation
CONGRUENCY & SIMILARITY
- Congruent Figures
- Similar Figures
- Pythagoras’ Theorem
- Converse Of Pythagoras’ Theorem
- Using Trigonometric Ratios To Calculate Unknown Sides In Right-Angled Triangles
- Using Trigonometric Ratios To Calculate Unknown Angles In Right-Angled Triangles
VOLUME & SURFACE AREA
- Volume & Total Surface Area Of Cones
- Volume & Total Surface Area Of Pyramids
- Volume & Total Surface Area Of Spheres
- Probability Of Single Events
- Analyse & Interpret Dot Diagrams
- Analyse & Interpret Histograms
- Analyse & Interpret Stem And Leaf Diagrams
- Mean, Mode & Median
FINAL YEAR REVISION (MIX OF TOPICS)
INDICES & STANDARD FORM (S3)
- Laws Of Indices
- Standard Form
SIMULTANEOUS INEQUALITIES (S3)
- Solving Simultaneous Linear Inequalities
- Representing The Solution On A Number Line
QUADRATIC & FRACTIONAL EQUATIONS (S3)
- Solving Quadratic Equations Using Formula
- Solving Quadratic Equations Using Completing The Square Technique
- Solving Quadratic Equations Using Graphical Method
- Solving Fractional Equations That Can Be Reduced To Quadratic Equations
⚠️ The above topic coverage is subjected to changes.
Who Should Attend This Programme?
Your child is the kind of student who wants to outperform his/ her peers & study the SMART way, like many other high performing students.
You probably have invested thousands of dollars & months of time, but it’s just not working out.
Your child isn’t exactly progressing much & you’re looking for a change in environment.
Your child has been consistently scoring A2 or low A1, but struggle to get a breakthrough to the high A1 score, no matter how hard he/she has tried.
S2 Grade Accelerator Programme™ Details
Registration Fee: S$60*
Lesson Fee: S$100* (billed termly)
Deposit & Material Fee: None
*7% GST has been included in the above fee.
Click on the button below to view the schedule of classes in the form.
You can schedule a trial lesson before committing to a regular arrangement with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are the fees computed for the S2 GAP™?
The S2 Grade Accelerator Programme™ will be billed termly (i.e. every 3 months), in which you will be billed based on the number of lessons in each term. The fee of each lesson is $100 (nett – inclusive of GST). Each term, on average, works out to be approximately $1,200.
We have four terms in an academic year for Secondary 2 students & they are segmented as the following:
– Term 1: January, February & March
– Term 2: April, May & June
– Term 3: July, August & September
– Term 4: October & November
If you were to enrol your child in the middle of the term, the fees will be pro-rated accordingly.
My child is in the IP/ IB/ IGCSE academic track. Is your programme suitable?
Our S2 Grade Accelerator Programme™ is designed based on the O-Level (Express) track.
Based on our research, it appears that there’re only minor differences in terms of content coverage between the O-Level (Express) track and the IP/IB/IGCSE track at a lower secondary level.
As such, it will be suitable for your child to participate if he/she is interested.
My child is very weak. Do you have classes catered specially for my child as I am afraid he/she will not be able to catch up with the pace of the class ?
One of the advantages behind attending the regular classes is that your child will get regular exposure to a wide variety of Mathematical question types. We’ll show your child exactly how to solve these questions, together with worked examples in our notes.
As long as your child can understand what is being taught in class, he/she will do fine with more practice. We also provide additional academic support via a dedicated WhatsApp line for students who require more guidance.
If you’re afraid about the pace of the class, we can also advise you on the suitability of our classes after your child has attended a trial lesson with us.
My child does not like to do homework. Will your programme still be helpful?
Completing their homework is an essential aspect of the learning process as it provides us the feedback on whether your child is able to apply the techniques and structures of writing independently.
This enable us to identify students who “fall through the cracks”, allowing us to raise the challenges and difficulties faced by our students, prompting closer communication and cooperation between us and parents.
Do you have lessons during holidays?
Lessons for Secondary 2 students will take place from January until the last week of November.
Classes will still carry on during school holidays (i.e. March, June & September). However, there will be no lessons on selected public holidays.
The materials for that session will be given to students as homework & they will be reviewed together in class in the next session.
Do you offer make-up classes?
Please check with our Customer Care team if you would like to arrange a make-up lesson.
If your child is unable to attend the make-up lesson, the materials will be handed to him/her in the next lesson.
Do you offer trial lessons?
Yes, we do. We can arrange for a trial lesson at a fee of $100.
The purpose of the trial lesson is to allow your child to better understand the teaching pedagogy that is adopted at our centre without a long term commitment.
Can I start the S2 Grade Accelerator Programme™ without a trial lesson?
It is mandatory for prospective students to enroll for a trial lesson, prior to the commencement of lessons with The Pi Lab.
For us, we’re all about the best fit. There are two main qualifying criteria when we shortlist students for our regular classes: 1) Learning Attitude, 2) Learning Aptitude (Ability)
1) A student with a good learning attitude and aptitude will be the best fit for our Mathematics programme. We’re best able to help him/her improve in the shortest period of time (In some cases, we’ve had students who saw their grades jumping from 70s to high 80s in less than 3 months)
2) A student with a good learning attitude and poor learning aptitude will eventually improve, so long as they put in the hard work to memorise, revise and apply what they learn. They’ll probably take a longer time to absorb the subject matter, but we’ve seen them improve once they’re equipped with the right skills to excel.
3) We’ve also worked with students with poor learning attitudes (i.e. lazy) and good learning aptitudes. Assuming that these students comfortable with the learning environment, we can try to work with them to overcome their learning challenges. However, a lot of effort is often required to get them to a state where they’re ready to learn and improve. Parents usually commit for one term to assess if our classes work for their kids. In certain cases, we’ve managed to inspire and motivate them to change for the better.
4) The regular classes are not suitable for students with poor learning attitudes and aptitudes. In most cases, these students tend to be disinterested in the subject matter and have problems trying to pay attention in class. (Read more below on how these students can be helped)
We recognise that our secondary school Mathematics programmes are not a one-size-fits-all solution for every student. While we strive to provide the best learning environment for our students, we also understand that not every student will benefit fully from our programmes. As such, we’ve decided to put in place a behavioural assessment during the trial lesson to quickly assess if the student has a higher propensity of improvement under our guidance.
During the trial lesson, the teacher is able to observe the student’s performance and highlight any potential challenges so that parents can make an informed decision before committing to our regular classes. This is especially important as it is crucial for parents and teachers to align their expectations and work hand-in-hand to maximise a student’s potential.
On the contrary, if a student exhibits signs of inattentiveness, disruption and/or laziness, it’s not that he/she cannot be helped. Rather, a different learning approach should be adopted & it’s typically best administered through a private 1 to 1 arrangement, which we do not offer at our centre. As different students have different learning needs, our role as educators is to find one that best fits them, so they can spend their time meaningfully every week.
2023 Secondary 2 Mathematics Grade Accelerator Programme Registration
⚠️ Please take note of the following disclaimers:
(1) Seats are allocated on a best-effort, first-come-first-serve arrangement.
(2) Priority will be given to prospective incoming students who are able to join our Mathematics classes as early as possible and have registered for the pre-requisite courses (if any).
(3) Please ensure that the confirmation page is fully loaded after clicking the Submit button before exiting the page in order for your form to be submitted successfully.
A confirmation WhatsApp message will be sent to you within 3 business days upon receiving your interest check form submission. Please drop our Customer Care team a call or Whatsapp message at 9296 5840 if you do not hear from us regarding your submission.
(4) No payment is required at this point. We will only call for payment once the seat is available & you are expected to make payment by the given deadline to secure the seat accordingly.
Please fill in the following form accurately.
Note: Please click the “Submit” button to process the above registration.
You’ll be redirected to a confirmation page after the above registration has been successfully processed.
S2 Mathematics: Grade Accelerator Programme
Trial Lesson Fee*
*The fee for the trial lesson is only payable if your child decides to enroll in our Grade Accelerator Programme after attending the trial lesson. (*only for new enrollments)
Your child will join a hybrid class and attend either onsite OR digital lessons at the Centre every week based on the scheduled day and time.
Lesson handouts will be reviewed together in class and important parts of the worksheet will be emphasised during the lesson.
The answers to the handouts reviewed and homework assigned for each lesson will be uploaded to our Digital Learning Resources webpage weekly for reference.
If your child requires a make-up lesson, we’ll be able to arrange for your child to attend a digital make-up lesson in an alternate class during the same academic week.